Negotiating aircraft or engine purchase agreements can be a complex and time consuming process; however the stakes are high with millions of dollars to be gained if done professionally.
Wild geese Aviation and its affiliates (WGA) will assist with the preparation of negotiation strategy, prepare a detailed negotiation plan and when requested attend commercial negotiations.
Preparation for Purchase Negotiation
Once the appropriate aircraft type has been chosen to serve the airline's network WGA staff and affiliates have many years of experience in dealing with aviation equipment manufacturers and can assist in the preparation for commercial negotiations.
This support can include:
- Preparation of Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Preparation of Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Managing the distribution of, and responses to, RFIs and RFPs
- Preparation of negotiation strategy
- Preparation of the negotiation plan
Commercial Contract Negotiation Support
WGA's staff and affiliates have also led commercial negotiations for the new purchase of
- turboprop aircraft
- regional jet aircraft
- single aisle fleets
- twin aisle fleets
With aircraft and engine manufacturers and can assist in the commercial negotiations.
With a view to maximizing cost savings and cost benefits, both short and long term.
This support can include:
- Analyzing the responses to Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Analyzing the responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Analyzing the commercial impact of the competitive offers
- Identify the shortcomings of each commercial offer and advise negotiation tactics to improve the offers
Once best and final commercial offers have been agreed, WGA can:
- Assist legal counsel prepare letters of intent
- Assist legal counsel negotiate the final detail of the purchase Agreements
WGA staff and affiliates can also support aircraft and engine leasing negotiations on behalf of operators.
Lease Agreement Negotiation Support
WGA's staff and affiliates have successfully led commercial negotiations for the leasing of turboprop aircraft, regional jet aircraft, single aisle and twin aisle fleets with aircraft and engine lessors, resulting in significant savings for our clients.
The WGA team has conducted negotiations for the sale and leaseback of new narrow body and wide body commercial aircraft fleets.
We understand the commercial implications of the terms and conditions of lease agreements.
If the preferred solution is to lease aircraft capacity WGA can:
- Source suitable candidate aircraft
- Prepare lease negotiation strategy
- Prepare a lease negotiation plan
- Liaise with legal counsel in order to prepare the final lease Documentation
- Engage with the lessor to negotiate an appropriate Letter of Intent
- Provide ongoing lease negotiation support
- Review and recommend the final version of the lease agreement
Lease Advice and Support
During the term of an aircraft lease contract, specialist WGA staff can comprehensively audit contract compliance to ensure that all operational and commercial requirements are being met and alert both operators and lessors of any discrepancies that may occur. WGA can also provide advice as to how to resolve those shortcomings. Through this specialized service WGA can provide cost effective solutions to leased asset management.